Thursday 28 June 2012

Trending in Design: #Mismatched Kitchen Cabinets

When you read as many design blogs as I do, you tend to not only see the same images frequently, but you also get to observe the up and coming trends as they develop.

The first time I saw a "Keep Calm and Carry On" print, I had just moved to London - 5 and a half years ago. The fact that the image is now emblazoned on everything from on tea towels to iphone cases just proves its ubiquity.

My daily diet of design food has inspired me to start this series which I have cleverly coined "Trending in Design", complete with hash tag. Many of these trends will no doubt fizzle out, and some will go on to become "classic".

First of many in this series, the mismatched upper and lower kitchen cabinets.

Photo | The Marion Housebook

This week alone I have noticed 3 or 4 photos featuring kitchens with white cabinets up top and grey/green on bottom. (Black on bottom is also common.) The dark lower cabinetry anchors the kitchen and the white above prevents it from looking top heavy.


Photo | Cutler Design & Construction

I adore this trend, and would definitely do it in my home - with bright white on top and a chalky navy-grey on the bottom. How about you? Would you do it?


Photo | Cottage Living
Photo | BHG

Photo | The Kitchn

Photo | House & Home

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Followers